You may have come across the word “blogging” while browsing the internet but are you aware of what it means and for what purpose it is used ?? If No, then must read this Simplified piece of content that covers everything about what is blogging?? what are its advantages and disadvantages?
I can guarantee you that after consuming this guide you will No more search about blogging; As you are going to get in-depth insights, that will definitely blow your mind.
Apart from this, I have bonus content to share with you, So hold your horses and be ready to pay big amount to me, Don’t be serious, I am just kidding.
In the past years, blogging has become one of the most lucrative online Business that can help you to earn a decent income online and even can help in expanding your business, building a brand, etc, Actually Blogging is a digital transformation of conveying information in form of writing, not getting it?? ok, let’s make it simple.
Before there used to be very fewer counts of blogs on the internet but with time now there are millions of blogs.
Blogging has become more popular & every single day millions of blog posts are published on the internet.
Before People use to write books offline, but now most of work is shifted online, and all content is available online.
Now whatever people want to learn they consume online; hence online opportunity has increased.
Just think if you have any queries, what do you do?? You google it & what does google show you?? It shows you the exact information in the form of articles, videos, images, info-graphics, voice, etc.
I know you are now eager to learn about what is exactly blogging,?? & what are its advantages & disadvantages??
It’s time to take a long breath and dive into the ocean of blogging.
what is blogging?? what are its advantages and disadvantages
Before we go in more depth about blogging let’s first have a glance of short history about blogging, I am sure you will definitely get shock!
History of blogging
- Many experts agree that it started in 1994 when Justin hall created “blog” links.net, at that time “blog” word was not introduced. Some People use to create online diaries and personal pages.
- In 1997 Jorn Barger coined the new term “weblog”
- At that duration, people were not much aware of blogging. With the time in 1998, Jonathan Dube has become the first journalist & have event a blog.
- In 1998 a new blogging platform named open diary was also born.
- After that in 1999, peter Merholz shortened the term weblog to “blog” & with the time new blogging platforms like LiveJournal, blogger, Xanga, etc were developed.
people were getting more aware of blogging & many blogging platforms have developed, among which one of the best blogging platform was born, “WordPress” in 2003 & which now has become most popular software for blogging.
Related guide: what is WordPress used for?? why is it more popular software
Now without talking anymore, let’s understand what is exactly blogging??
what does blogging mean– blogging is a Continues process of writing content & publishing it online via an online medium; Either it may be a blogging platform, social media platform, forums, etc.
Just Like I am currently doing now. I am writing this article on my own blog to convey you the exact information that you want to learn, So you can say that I am blogging.
Basically, it’s a process of writing pieces of content at a scheduled time for a set of audience; through which they gain knowledge & information relevant to them.
Before blogging was not so popular, people use to write online journals and diaries but with time now blogging has become a great source of knowledge.
When a person, just like us, starts writing content regularly on a particular topic (Category) that Excites him; then this process is known as blogging.
Blogging is no more a hobby, it has become a pure business that can help you to generate online income and many are even able to replace their 9-5 job with blogging.
Many people nowadays are opting for blogging to share their knowledge & experience with the world and in return are earning decent income monthly.
Writing useful content & sharing via your own blog, solves people’s problems that they are looking for.
Can you guess?? about the source of information that you discover through google, is all information created by Google?? Off course, not. it has been created by owners, authors that are just like us, whom we can say, bloggers, For Ex: this blog Jitenbloggingtips on which I regularly write content related to blogging.
Hence Google is a bridge between publishers and users, where users can search queries and can discover numerous information and bloggers can index their content on google via their own blog & can further perform SEO(search engine optimization) to rank their content on google, I hope you are getting it!
Although, apart from SEO, You can even drive traffic to your blog using various platforms such as social media, Quora, forums, YouTube, Pinterest, and many more.
Want to start blogging?? but are unable to curate your niche than must try out our newly launch free tool to get personalized niches based on your age and profession, now cut off your time and start in no time.
But the question here is why people are trying their hand in the blogging field??
Why people start blogging
Before blogging was popular in countries like US & UK but due to the sudden spike in digital consumption, the opportunity arise and people started creating their own blogs.
Many people nowadays are blogging & the reasons may be numerous for everyone out there.
- Some people blog to share their own knowledge with people
- Some people blog to earn money from it (Most of us start due to this reason)
- Some people blog to build their brand online
- Some people blog to help others using their expertise.
- Some people start blogging to grow their business online
For businesses, having a blog is like a blessing, You may have noticed that every big website has a section called “blog”, where they have written articles about their business & they have created articles because they know the importance of content in this digital era & their content helps people to know more about their business.
A good & well-optimized article can bring tons of traffic to that blog & big businesses are utilizing it to grow their business in a super-fast way. Even they are getting huge numbers of leads for their business & this is the power of blogging that can’t be neglected.
I can recall the sentence that content is king! And it’s totally right, nowadays content plays a very major role in our life.
- Through content, we can add value to people’s life.
- Through content, we can teach people.
- Through content, we can share our knowledge & experience.
- Through content, we can change people’s life.
- Through content, we can make a living (Earn money)
I hope now you know what blogging means. let’s have a look at the advantages & disadvantages of blogging
I know lots of people who are blogging & earning a good source of income through it, but remember that it takes time to make money blogging, you need to keep patience & have to work consistently & Also it totally depends upon the amount of traffic your blog is receiving.
The most important activity to drive traffic on your blog directly from google is SEO ( Search engine optimization) and to know what it is all about?? you can watch my below web story by clicking on the below image.
Advantages and disadvantages of blogging
Every coin has its two sides, Same is with blogging, if advantages are there then disadvantages also exist and you must be aware of it.
Advantages of blogging
- Writing skill improves– One of the major benefit of blogging is that your overall writing skill improves, As blogging involves writing pieces of content around a specific niche(category) regularly; Consequently that results in an improvement in the way of delivering the content; Hence you will start producing quality content with time.
Your brain will adapt the writing habit and will start pushing you to write amazing content, remember that every blogger out there has started with zero & initially no one was so perfect in writing; the same scenario may happen with you as a newbie, your writing may suck, the only way is to keep writing and practicing.
- Helps to learn digital skills- it has been proven that the person who started blogging developed multiple skills within them, skills such as writing, website designing, e-mail marketing, Seo, social media marketing, and networking etc.
That means blogging is a first step towards digital marketing, it helps practically to master such skills together.
- You can Earn- Through blogging, you can earn a passive income, even you can make a living from blogging & that is the potential of blogging if done correctly.
There are lots of people who are able to generate 1000$ per month using blogging. there are various ways through which you can monetize your writing skills and can achieve great success in this growing field.
- Great medium: Blogging is a great medium for sharing your thoughts, knowledge & expertise with the world. if you have any kind of knowledge in any particular niche(topic) then you can create a blog and can help others.
Even if you have your business then blogging can help you to connect with your targeted audience online.
- building brand- You can emerge as a brand through blogging, As you will write more and more that will lead to authority in your niche(Topic) and such time will come when people will start trusting your content & which will help you to build your loyal brand online.
- Makes your brain sharp– As blogging is a process of writing content consistently & when you will write for readers, your brain will make you think more and that will result in creation of quality content.
This way blogging will make your brain sharper and you will start thinking deeper, that will also improve your thought process.
- blogging gives freedom- The beautiful part about blogging is that you can do it from anywhere, even sitting in any corner of the world, just with a PC and internet connection.
Blogging not only gives freedom in terms of money but also in your life, you can spend quality time with your family, and can work as per your wish, whenever you want, no one is going to scold you.
Just sitting at home you can earn a good source of income through blogging, you don’t need to go anywhere
- Networking: – Through blogging, you can build good networking of people by connecting with like-minded people in your niche.
Blogging can’t be done alone, you need to connect with other bloggers to get motivation and keep going
Networking can even help you to gain more traffic to your blog, and your content will get a boost and loves from the people.
Here are some list of groups that can help you throughout your blogging journey.
Disadvantages of blogging
click on the below image & learn visually.
- You may feel lonely sometime, As you will need to seat in front of a laptop & have to write content for a longer time.
- It takes time to see results from blogging.
- people can even leave rude comments on your blog post.
- Blogging requires dedication and hard work
- A creative mind is required in blogging
- It may even take a long time to earn money from blogging, so patience and hard work is the only soultion.
- If you want to earn from your blog for a longer time then you need to create a professional blog & for that, you need to do some investment in buying hosting & a domain name. As a free blog has some limitations.
- The competition has increased in the blogging field.
I don’t want to let you go with incomplete information that’s why I have added bonus content for you & that is associated with the term blogging, you must read it.
Bonus content: What is a blog??
You must have seen lots of definitions of a blog on the internet but could not have been able to understand it, come let’s see what exactly a blog means in very simple words.
What is a blog– A blog is a website on which you will find a huge amount of content in the form of articles or blog posts.
In a blog, you will find blog posts in reverse chronological order from the old post to the newest blog post (new blog post at the top). As shown below in the figure.
Generally, blogs contain information in written form which is written by the owner or even multiple authors of that blog.
In simple words, a blog is an online property of its owner, who run & manage it & provides regular content in the form of articles or blog posts in a particular niche (topic) or even multi niche & which helps people to get the solution of the queries which they are searching for on the internet.
Let’s understand it by an example, Here I will take my example: I have created this blog to share my knowledge with you & currently you are reading this article, you are exactly getting the information which you want to learn & this is possible because of my blog Am ‘I right?? That means my blog is an online medium through which I share my knowledge & you can read it.
According to me, blog is a superb medium to share your expertise, knowledge & thoughts with the world.
Lots of people read blogs & it has become a great source of knowledge nowadays.
Examples of blogs
You may also have a question in your mind than what is a website?? So here is a difference between blog & website
Website vs blog
- A website is a web page on which you will find content in a very less amount.
- A website is created with the purpose of selling products, services, businesses, etc.
- the content is hardly changed in case of a website & it is known as a static website
- an example is a company website
- On the blog, you will find a very huge amount of content
- A blog is created with the purpose of sharing knowledge, expertise in a particular field or even multi fields, education, etc.
- The content is regularly created & updated in the case of a blog & it is known as a dynamic website
I hope now you are clear about a blog & website.
Purpose of a blog
Do you know that that are different types of blogs on the internet & the purpose of a blog may vary.
For example, Some blog’s purpose is to provide information & knowledge to the people in a particular niche.
- Some blogs are affiliates blog which share reviews, comparisons of products & services
- Some blogs provides various services
- Some are personal blogs
- Some blogs are business blog that shares content related to their business.
- Even some are micro-niche blog
Overall the main purpose of a blog is to provide relevant content to their targeted audience.
Types of blogs that you will find on internet
- Recipes blog
- Educational blog
- Products review blog
- Astrology Blog
- Gaming blog
- Lifestyle blog
- Lyrics blog
- Fashion blog
& the list goes on.
Blog structure: every blog structure on the internet is same.
- Header – It has navigation that contains important pages & from their people can navigate to various pages.
- Main Content- It is the place where you will find the main content.
- Sidebar –In the sidebar, you can find various widgets like an author box, social share buttons, newsletter signup, etc.
You can use the above infographic on your blog but don’t forget to give proper credit by linking back to this article URL.
Blog post format:
- Title: it is a very important part of a blog post, as it tells your users & search engine, what is your blog post about.
- Paragraphs: the whole content is divided into short paragraphs so that users can understand the topic easily.
- Images: generally images are used to break the content and grab the reader’s attention, as images speak more than text and are visual in nature.
- Links: you can find various internal & external links in a blog post
- Conclusion: it is the sum-up of the content in fewer words.
- Share buttons: finally you will find share buttons after every blog post.
If you want to learn the art of writing articles that not only rank well on google but also grab reader’s attention then you can contact me on WhatsApp
Who is a blogger:
who is a blogger: A person who writes content online & publishes it on their own blog is known as a blogger.
Ex: If you want to get a solution for any particular query, what you do?? You just search it on Google, AM’I Right?? & Google display numerous relevant results in the form of articles that are highly ranked on Google & do you know who are the owner of the articles?? They are a blogger who has written that article on their blog.
You can find lots of bloggers nowadays who are writing content & publishing on their blogs.
The number of bloggers is increasing day by day; hence the competition in the blogging field has also increased.
Curious to know how bloggers earn??
- Bloggers make money through their own blog, They earn through Google Adsense, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts & also by selling own products
- Bloggers also earn money through freelancing
- Even Bloggers works in reputed companies and get monthly salaries.
I hope now you know what is blogging, blogger & its advantages & disadvantages.
The question may be triggering in your mind, can I create a blog?? If yes, then how?? Here is a short answer.
How to create a blog for yourself
There are mainly two ways to get started.
- If you are just starting & want to start a blog for fun & experiment then you can go with free blogging platforms.
2. If you have some little investment & are really serious about blogging & even want to earn money from it for a longer time then creating a self-hosted WordPress blog will make more sense & for that, you need to buy your own domain & hosting, further, you can install free WordPress software.
So we are at the end of this blog post & if you think that this blog post has added some value to your life then please show some love by sharing it with others, Let’s meet again in another blog post.
If you want to share your thought or have any questions in your mind regarding this blog post then don’t hesitate to drop it in the comment box.
We all are living in the digital era & you must be aware of the most booming field that is “blogging” through which many people’s life is changing, so my motive behind writing this blog post was to help you understand everything related to blogging & I hope your mind is now clear about what is blogging?? what are its advantages and disadvantages?
FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions)
What is blogging in short answer?
In short, blogging means writing Pieces of content on a particular niche or even a multi-niche to give information, solve problems & queries of people & also to attract the targeted audience.
what are advantages and disadvantages of blogging?
Advantages of blogging
- Your writing skills improve
- You can earn money through your blog
- You Learn multiple skills
Disadvantages of blogging
- You may fill loneliness
- It takes time
for more advantages & disadvantages you can read the above article
What is a blogger called??
A person who writes articles online is known as a blogger
what is the use of a blog??
A blog can help you to drive traffic & connect with your relevant audience.
Do bloggers get paid??
Bloggers earn money by monetizing their content through Google Ad-sense, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, etc.
Where do I start blogging??
There are lots of blogging platforms available there & you can start with any platform. For beginners I recommend blogger.com & if you have some investment then you can start a self-hosted WordPress blog.